An easy gluten free recipe just in time for the holidays
With Thanksgiving just around the corner, we are all hurrying to compile our list of dishes and cannot forget the most important one–dessert! To make sure you have an easy, delicious and healthy dessert for all of your gatherings, I came up with one of my favorite fall recipe creations– Pumpkin Spice Protein Truffles. They are versatile too: serve them at your next Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving feast, give them as a homemade gift for the holidays, use them as a fun, kid-friendly activity, and keep them in your snack bag and in your fridge for a nourishing treat!
Pumpkin spice and everything nice!
While you may be serving them as dessert, don’t let the amazing taste trick you! These little bites are filled with nutritious, clean ingredients that curb cravings and keep your body full and happy:
- Pumpkin-rich in fiber as well as a other nutrients and antioxidants like vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium, and beta-carotene.
- Almond flour and almond butter-another nutrient dense food filled with fiber, protein, vitamin E, and magnesium.
- Nuzest Clean Lean Protein Powder– my go-to, plant based protein powder! It has minimal ingredients, which makes it easily digestible form of protein.
- Chocolate-high in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals
Pumpkin Spice Protein Truffles
- 1/2 cup Nuzest Clean Lean Protein Powder (or any vanilla or unflavored protein powder) use code PEACEOFGFCAKE for 15% off
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée (may need an additional tbsp or 2)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Form into balls
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave for 1 minute, stir, and continue microwaving until completely melted
- Dip or drizzle (I also liked some plain with no chocolate for more or a protein bite!)
- Place in fridge for 30 min
*Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a commission should you choose to sign up for a program or make a purchase using my link. It’s okay – I love all of these companies anyways, and you will too!