PB & J– the classic flavor combo. Of course it makes the perfect smoothie! This recipe is free from gluten, dairy, and soy, and made with Nuzest Digestive Support protein powder, giving it the additional gut-friendly benefits of probiotics and l-glutamine. I try to make it a priority to always include some form of probiotics, whether it a supplement or a snack, into my daily life. Nuzest Digestive Support protein powder has made this super simple. Check out some of other ways I am adding digestive support into my recipes:
- Chocolate Protein “Mousse”
- Flourless Black Bean Brownies (gluten free, dairy free, soy free)
- 5- Minute Healthy Cookie Dough Dip (grain free, low sugar, gut friendly)
I topped my smoothie bowl off with a drizzle of peanut butter and Unite Food PB& Jelly Protein Bars. These bars have become my go-to, in between meal snack, made with real, functional ingredients and come in fun flavors! Along with PB & Jelly, they also have Churro and Mexican Hot Chocolate .
Back to the smoothie! All you need is :
- frozen bananas
- your favorite nut-based milk ( I make my own using the JOI nutmilk paste)
- frozen blueberries and strawberries
- optional protein powder — I used Nuzest Digestive Support (PEACEOFGFCAKE for 15% off)
- peanut butter
- your favorite toppings
PB&J Smoothie Bowl
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 handful frozen blueberries
- 3-4 frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup nutmilk
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- optional Nuzest Digestive Support protein powder
- additional peanut butter for drizzle and other toppings
- Layer all ingredients besides toppings, blend , and enjoy!
* Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a commission should you chose to sign up for a program or make a purchase using my link. It’s okay – I love all of these companies anyways, and you will too!