I have been on the hunt for allergy-friendly rainbow sprinkles. Many gluten free sprinkles out there are made with artificial coloring, soy, corn, and lots of SUGAR. These sprinkles are made of our coconut flakes, so they aren’t completely allergy-friendly if you are allergic to coconut. Because there is no added sugar and are gluten free, dairy free, soy free, and corn free, they are paleo compliant.
I am a huge fan of superfoods, especially when I can use them in my gluten free baked goods. To make these vibrant sprinkles, I created food dye using superfood powders from Suncore Foods.
I love adding these healthy toppings to everything! From cupcakes to cookies, mixed into yogurt and smoothies, they are a fun addition at any recipe! You can see these homemade rainbow sprinkles topped on my Grain Free Protein Shortbread.
If you are looking for a way to add some color to your healthy treats , you definitely will have to try this recipe out!
Homemade Rainbow Sprinkles
- 1 cup coconut can double or triple amount, depending on how many sprinkles you are wanting
- 1/2-1 tsp of each Suncore Supercolor Powders 15% using the link or code PEACEOFGFCAKE15 (the first picture I used, spirulina, pitaya, and carrot orange, in the second photo I subbed pandan leaf for carrot orange)
- 1-2 tbsp warm water per color
- Preheat oven to 200 F
- Mix each color and water in separate bowls
- Divide the coconut and combine in separate bowls
- Spread the coconut over a lined baking sheet
- Place in oven and heat for 40 minutes (all ovens are different, so if it seems like they are getting too crispy, turn down to 180F)
* Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a commission should you choose to sign up for a program or make a purchase using my link. It’s okay – I love all of these companies anyways, and you will too!