It’s fall, which means it’s all about PUMPKIN! This year, canned pumpkin was difficult to come across, but I finally snagged some from Thrive Market. I knew that it was time for some pumpkin baked goods. Gluten free pumpkin donuts sounded like the perfect recipe to start off the pumpkin season!
I got my hands on Pamela’s Pancake & Baking Mix, initially to whip up some fluffy gluten free pancakes. Since I was in the baking mood, I decided to try it out in my gluten free pumpkin donut recipe. The mix is made up off the perfect blend of gluten free flours, cultured buttermilk, grainless and aluminum free baking powder (yay!), and baking soda. This mix contains both baking soda and baking powder, so the recipe only required a small addition of baking soda to give the donuts a little extra fluff!
While I decided to make donuts, you can easily use this recipe to make gluten free pumpkin bread or muffins. Pumpkin puree is used as a fat and sweetener substitute in baking, which is why I use less sugar and oil in this donut recipe. Want to make gluten free pumpkin pancakes instead? Follow the instructions provided on the package, swapping the oil for 1-2 tablespoons of pumpkin puree.
What you need for gluten free pumpkin donuts:
- Pamela’s Pancake & Baking Mix
- Canned Pumpkin
- Baking soda
- Pumkin Pie Spice
- Coconut oil (or your choice of oil)
- Sugar or sugar alternative (for low sugar option)
Gluten Free Pumpkin Donuts
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 can canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/14 cup Pamela's Pancake and Baking mix you can use any gluten free flour blend – just add baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 baking soda
- Combine wet and dry ingredients separately
- Mix wet with dry ingredients
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes
- Top with any glaze, icing, nut butter, sprinkles and enjoy!
Looking for some more gluten free pumpkin recipes? Check out this gluten free pumpkin bread made in the slow cooker or pumpkin butternut squash soup.
* Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a commission should you choose to sign up for a program or make a purchase using my link. It’s okay – I love all of these companies anyways, and you will too!