The new gluten free Oreo just came out this past week, and of course, I got more than a few packages. It’s always an exciting day in the gluten free community when a new product comes out as a gluten free version. And while there are other companies that make gluten free Oreo-like cookies and they are pretty delicious, there’s something about the fact that it’s an actual Oreo that makes it even more special. So now what to do with the multiple packages of Oreos? There’s so many ways to enjoy them:
- Just regular, one bite style
- With peanut butter (my personal favorite)
- Cream first, then cookie
- With a glass of milk
- On top of ice cream
- The possibilities are endless…
But have you tried a gluten free Oreo truffle? My sister made these for me a few years ago (of course with a Oreo-like gluten free cookie). She made them with cream cheese and they were absolutely amazing. However, there’s so many great dairy free cream cheese brands out there now, I thought we could try these out as a dairy free version (yes, Oreos are dairy free!). So now for the gluten free, dairy free Oreo truffles. This is such an easy recipe. All you need:
- One package of gluten free Oreos
- One package of dairy free cream cheese ( I used Kite Hill)
- Chocolate for dipping (for dairy free version, I like Enjoy Life)
- Sprinkles or other toppings (optional)
They really are SO easy to make! All you need is a food process or blender to grind up the cookies. Prep is less than 10 minutes, so even if you’re short on time, these are a great option.
They are the perfect to bring to a party of as a sweet gift! With Valentine’s Day just right around the corner, swap out the rainbow sprinkles for red, pink, and white and you have a homemade treat for your special Valentine(s).
Gluten Free Oreo Truffles
- Add GF Oreos to a food processor (break them up before adding for smoother blending)
- Add the entire container of dairy free cream cheese
- Blend until smooth
- Roll into balls
- Melt chocolate and roll each Oreo truffle into the chocolate
- Spoon the truffles onto a piece of parchment paper and add any additional toppings
- Refrigerate truffles for about 30 minutes and enjoy!
Other recipes that use gluten free Oreos
There’s so many great recipes out there using Oreos. These are just a few I will have to try:
What’s your favorite way to eat these classic childhood cookies? Leave a comment with yours!
* Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a commission should you choose to sign up for a program or make a purchase using my link. It’s okay – I love all of these companies anyways, and you will too!