Sometimes I want warm chocolate chip cookies, and sometimes I want a bowl of cookie dough… but without the guilt and the chance of possible food poisoning (no thank you!). When I was a kid, eating cookie dough was one of my favorite parts of baking cookies. Now you can have you dough and eat it too!
This edible, gluten free cookie dough recipe checks all the boxes ✅If you’re needing the best of both worlds, you can easily bake the dough and make warm , gooey chocolate chip cookies!
Because it is made with chickpea and protein powder, you can consider this cookie dough both a treat and a healthy gluten free snack. It’s loaded with healthy ingredients and protein (from my favorite clean, vegan protein powder-Nuzest). After you have already enjoyed your first serving, store the remaining dough in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Enjoy!
Here’s the recipe:
Edible Gluten Free Cookie Dough
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and dried I also tried to remove most of the skins before blending to make this easier to digest and creamier
- two spoonfuls of almond butter I used Barney Butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 heaping scoop of Nuzest vanilla protein powder 15% off using code PEACEOFGFCAKE
- as many Enjoy Life chocolate chips as you like
- Add all ingredients besides chocolate chips and protein to food processor or blender , blend until smooth
- Add nuzest, chocolate chips, serve and enjoy!
* Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a commission should you choose to sign up for a program or make a purchase using my link. It’s okay – I love all of these companies anyways, and you will too!