The holidays are coming up, which means its time to start planning your gluten free Thanksgiving menu! Coming up with dishes for Thanksgiving can already be stressful enough, and if you are new to being gluten free or are trying to accommodate some gluten free people in your life , it can be even more of a daunting task. Not anymore! I teamed up with nine other gluten free foodies to bring you 10 amazing gluten free side dishes for Thanksgiving.
I created a super easy, minimal ingredient Pumpkin Butternut Squash soup (which is also dairy free!), to serve at your upcoming holiday meal or anytime you are feeling like warming up to a nourishing bowl of soup this fall and winter season.
Links for the amazing other 9 gluten free Thanksgiving sides will be listed below my recipe–so keep scrolling if you want to knock out all your Thanksgiving recipe planning in one post!
Pumpkin Butternut Squash Soup (gluten free, dairy free, soy free)
Pumpkin Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 3 cups cubed butternut squash I use the precut from Trader Joe's
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups bone broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Cook butternut squash and onions- I used my instant pot but you can also steam in back or in a pot! – pour 2 cups broth in instant pot followed by the butternut squash and onions, seal the instant pot and set to manual high pressure for 6 minutes, then perform a quick release
- Either transfer contents to blender or keep contents in instant pot/ or your regular pot on the stove
- Add pumpkin, spices, and the extra cup of broth
- Blend in blender or use an immersion blender to purée the contents of the soup
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed
- Serve as is or top with coconut milk and enjoy!
And now you will find the nine other amazing dishes to add to your Thanksgiving meal!