This past week, I was in need of a quick dessert to whip up for Father’s Day. Lucky for me, I had Thrive Markets Almond Flour Yellow Cake in my pantry! I was missing a few ingredients, so I decided to make the cake into cake bars— that works right? It sure did! They turned out to be the perfect pick up dessert, tasted delicious, required only 4 ingredients, and were super easy. Mix in any additional surprises — I added chocolate chips and sprinkles, but you could also try nuts, fruit, coconut just to name a few. Depending on your mix-ins, these gluten free Cake Mix bars could also be considered paleo! (the cake mix is grain, dairy, and soy free and uses coconut sugar for the sweetener!)
Don’t let this picture fool you, these are yellow cake bars, but the almond flour makes them a little darker, so they look more chocolate like. Either way, they are a hit!
Gluten Free Cake Mix Bars
- Thrive Markets Almond Flour Yellow Cake
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil I used avocado
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- any additional add ins (chocolate chips, sprinkles, nuts, etc)
- Mix all ingredients and add to greased pan
- Cook at 350°F for 25-30 minutes
* Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a commission should you chose to sign up for a program or make a purchase using my link. It’s okay – I love all of these companies anyways, and you will too!