This past week, I was in need of a quick dessert to whip up for Fatherâ€™s Day. Lucky for me, I had Thrive Markets Almond Flour Yellow Cake in my pantry! I was missing a few ingredients, so I decided to make the cake into cake barsâ€” that works right? It sure did! They turned out to be the perfect pick up dessert, tasted delicious, required only 4 ingredients, and were super easy. Mix in any additional surprises â€” I added chocolate chips and sprinkles, but you could also try nuts, fruit, coconut just to name a few. Depending on your mix-ins, these gluten free Cake Mix bars could also be considered paleo! (the cake mix is grain, dairy, and soy free and uses coconut sugar for the sweetener!)
Donâ€™t let this picture fool you, these are yellow cake bars, but the almond flour makes them a little darker, so they look more chocolate like. Either way, they are a hit!
Gluten Free Cake Mix Bars
- Thrive Markets Almond Flour Yellow Cake
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil I used avocado
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- any additional add ins (chocolate chips, sprinkles, nuts, etc)
- Mix all ingredients and add to greased pan
- Cook at 350Â°F for 25-30 minutes
* Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a commission should you chose to sign up for a program or make a purchase using my link. Itâ€™s okay â€“ I love all of these companies anyways, and you will too!