Flourless Black Bean Brownies (gluten free, dairy free, soy free)
It’s been a while since I have tried making black bean brownies… To be honest, when I think of brownies, black beans do not usually come to mind. BUT after making these fudgy chocolate treats, I remembered why they used to be one of my go-to healthy desserts, and are now back to stay in my gluten free treat rotation.
While being home these past few weeks, I have been craving comfort food (and chocolate is one of mine!) but don’t want to completely indulge all the time. These brownies check all the boxes when it comes to the perfect healthy dessert that you can indulge in daily:
- Easy to make (I used my Vitamix blender!)
- Filled with protein and fiber – thanks to the black beans AND Nuzest Chocolate Digestive Support Protein
- Naturally gluten free — remember, these are flourless thanks to the black beans!
Although the addition of the protein powder isn’t essential, it took a healthy dessert and made it a filling snack that tastes and looks like a brownie. I love the Nuzest Chocolate Digestive Support Protein because it is the perfect vegan (and soy free!) protein powder that also includes ingredients like l-glutamine and probiotics to give your tummy that extra help it deserves.
Flourless Black Bean Brownies
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Grain Free
- 1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (I used a avocado/coconut oil blend)
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Nutpods (use code PEACEOFGFCAKE for 15% off your first online purchase)
- 1/3 cup sugar (if using a liquid form like syrup or honey, start with 1/4 to ensure brownie batter consistency)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 scoop Nuzest Chocolate Digestive Support Protein
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1-2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- chocolate chips
Combine wet ingredients in blender
Add remaining ingredients (besides chocolate chips), blend until smooth
Line 8×8 pan with parchment paper and smooth in batter
Add chocolate chips, either on the top or mix them into the batter
Bake brownies at 350F for 20 minutes or until baked all the way through
Top them with your favorite frosting, sprinkles (you can even use my recipe for Rainbow Homemade Sprinkles) , nutbutter, or coconut flakes!
* Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a commission should you chose to sign up for a program or make a purchase using my link. It’s okay – I love all of these companies anyways, and you will too!