Just in time for the holidays- these yummy gluten free, dairy free chocolate chip cookie bars! Bake them with the kids and set them out for Santa, use them as easy homemade holiday gift, or take them to your next holiday party. There’s plenty of occasions coming up in the next month where everyone will enjoy one of these cookie bars! I used Josie’s Best Gluten Free Baking Mix: Muffin and More to make the ideal consistency and texture for the cookie base. I love that all of Josie’s Best mixes are made out of simple gluten free, dairy free, soy free, and nut free ingredients. Plus, the mixes are made in a dedicated gluten free facility, which gives anyone with Celiac Disease or gluten sensitivity some peace of mind when it comes to risk of cross contamination. I am always on the hunt for safe and yummy gluten free products!
Now for the real important stuff, how to make these delicious, allergy friendly treats!
- 2/3 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups Josie’s Best Gluten Free Baking Mix: Muffin and More
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Enjoy Life chocolate chips– at least one bag for topping and cookie
- Preheat the oven to 325 F for glass baking dish or 350 F for metal baking pan – I used a rectangular glass baking dish but you could also use 8×8 or 9×9 square pan
- Mix together eggs, shortening, brown sugar, and vanilla
- In a separate bowl, mix the remaining dry ingredients
- Combine the two bowls into a thick dough and add chocolate chips
- Spread dough in baking pan , depending on the size and type of pan, bake anywhere from ~28-30 minutes, until the top starts to brown
- In a microwave safe dish, melt 1.5-2 cups chocolate chips- I added also a tbsp of coconut oil, you can skip this if you are avoiding coconut or don’t have any on hand
- Once chocolate is completely melted, stir and spread over baked cookie bars. (Note:if your cookie bars rise too much in the middle, use a spatula to flatten to a flat surface to ensure an even layer of chocolate)
- Add toppings! For this one I used coconut but you can also use sprinkles, more chocolate, nuts, etc!
* Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a commission should you chose to sign up for a program or make a purchase using my link. It’s okay – I love all of these companies anyways, and you will too!