I am definitely more into posting sweet versus savory recipes, because I a.) have a huge sweet tooth and b.) honestly don’t find much excitement in my savory dishes compared to sweet. However…. this dish was SO EASY and SO DELICIOUS I had to interrupt my normal gluten free cookies, muffins, and smoothies for this gluten free, dairy free cheesy rice and broccoli recipe. Like many of my other recipes, I added some hidden health benefits– for this one its from the collagen in the bone broth!
This recipe is made in an Instant pot but definitely could be made in a slow cooker or by cooking rice the conventional method and steaming broccoli and combining ingredients.I just got an Instant Pot and believe me, its worth it! I was hesitant to buy one because I was a bit intimidated, but after hearing and reading great things, I knew it was time to invest and try it out!
Here’s how you can make this quick, delicious, and healthy gluten free dish:
- 1 cup white rice
- 1-2 tsp Primal Palate Garlic & Herb seasoning ( or use a combination of salt, garlic, onion, oregano)
- 3 cups chicken bone broth (I used Pacific Foods)
- Broccoli- I did not measure, just used one package of broccoli from Whole Foods, you can adjust the quantity for more or less
- 2 Tbsp of butter or oil ( For dairy free butter alternative, I like Earth Balance Soy Free)
- 1/2 package of Violife Shredded Cheddar Cheese (or any other dairy free cheese but Violife is my favorite so far!)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- Using the saute function on the Instant Pot melt butter and add onion, cook for about 4 minutes
- Turn the Instant Pot “off”
- Add 2 cups of Bone Broth, rice, and seasonings, stir
- Place lid on Instant Pot , insure the pressure knob is set to “sealing”
- Cook rice on manual setting on high for 5 minutes and do a quick release
- After pressure is released, open the instant pot and add broccoli and remaining 1 cup bone broth, mix completely
- Close the lid and set the release knob to “sealing”
- Set Instant Pot to manual setting at high pressure and cook for 2 minutes
- After 2 minutes, perform a quick release and open the lid after pressure has been completely release
- Add the additional 1 tbsp butter and the cheddar cheese, mix and ENJOY!
* Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a commission should you chose to sign up for a program or make a purchase using my link. It’s okay – I love all of these companies anyways, and you will too!