I think I could easily devour the entire batch of these cookies, EASY. But I wouldn’t feel too bad because they are grain free, filled with protein, and made with clean ingredients. One of my favorite clean ingredients, is the Nuzest Clean Lean Vanilla Protein Powder. It’s gluten free, vegan, soy free, GMO-free and made of only 3 ingredients. Plus, you can’t beat the amazing flavor! Definitely my go-to addition to smoothies and baked-goods. You can get 15% off when you use the code PEACEOFGFCAKE. It’s my secret ingredient in this Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie.
- 1 cup almond flour ( I get mine from Thrive Market and use the certified GF Thrive Market Brand)
- 2 scoops Nuzest Clean Lean Vanilla Protein Powder (use code PEACEOFGFCAKE for 15% off)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (or coconut sugar for paleo)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp almond butter
- 6 tbsp shortening ( or coconut oil or grass-fed butter)
- 1 egg (or flax egg or egg replacer)
- 1-2 tsp vanilla
- Chocolate chips – I never measure 🙂
- Optional sprinkles – because who couldn’t use a little extra color!
- Heat oven to 350 F
- Mix dry ingredients (besides sugar)
- In a separate bowl, beat shortening with sugar, add almond butter, egg, and vanilla and beat
- Mix dry ingredients with wet until it forms dough
- Add chocolate chips and sprinkles
- Form dough into small balls and bake for 15-17 minutes
* Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a commission should you chose to sign up for a program or make a purchase using my link. It’s okay – I love all of these companies anyways, and you will too!