I have been on the hunt for allergy-friendly sprinkles. Many products out there are made with artificial coloring, soy, corn, and lots of SUGAR. These sprinkles are made of our coconut flakes, so they aren’t completely allergy-friendly if you are allergic to coconut. Because there is no added sugar and are gluten free, dairy free, soy free, and corn free, they are paleo compliant. If you are looking for a way to add some color to your healthy treats , you definitely will have to try this recipe out!
- 1 cup coconut ( can double or triple amount, depending on how many sprinkles you are wanting)
- 1/2-1 tsp of each Suncore Supercolor Powders (15% using the link or code SFGFCAKE15) (the first picture I used, spirulina, pitaya, and carrot orange, in the second photo I subbed pandan leaf for carrot orange)
- 1-2 tbsp warm water per color
- Preheat oven to 200 F
- Mix each color and water in separate bowls
- Divide the coconut and combine in separate bowls
- Spread the coconut over a lined baking sheet
- Place in oven and heat for 40 minutes (all ovens are different, so if it seems like they are getting too crispy, turn down to 180F)
I love adding these healthy toppings to everything! From cupcakes to cookies, mixed into yogurt and smoothies, they are a fun addition at any recipe!