Gluten Free/Dairy Free Veggie Lasagna (pasta free!)
This veggie loaded, vegan lasagna ended up being one of my favorite dishes this year! Instead of using noodles, I layered eggplant. Sometimes it can be difficult to get all the veggies we need in our diets, that’s why I love having easy plantbased meals like that that are loaded with nutrients and flavor.
- 1-2 eggplants depending on how much you want to make
- 2 yellow squash and/or zucchini
- sliced mushrooms
- vegan or regular mozzarella (I like Daiya or Violife)
- basil to garnish
- optional- add any other veggies or meats to this dish you desire!
- Preheat oven to 400
- Slice the veggies 🔪
- Optional-begin to soften the veggies by cooking them in the skillet for 3-4 min
- Spray a casserole pan with oil and do one layer of veggies, layered with sauce, cheese, then another layer of veggies, sauce, top with cheese and basil
- Cook for about 40 minutes
- *tip for cooking the eggplant: this lasagna came out with the sauce thinner then I’d wanted. A friend of mine told me that eggplant has a lot of water in it, and to slice the eggplant first, heavily salt, and lay on paper towels for 30 minutes to absorb some water then proceed with cooking instructions- I will definitely be trying this method next time